learning to write strong academic essays
Writing A One-Page Essay On Leadership- Advice From A Professional
Writing essays is an art. It is however an art that you can learn how to master fairly easily. Many of the papers that you will be asked to write are not over more than a page long in length. It is a great idea to use the five paragraph essay format for this type of essay. Here are some simple steps to remind you of how you are supposed to create this paper and show you how to write it successfully.
Five Paragraph Essay Guide
- Paragraphs: an introduction, three body paragraphs that each explain a different characteristic of leadership, and a conclusion.
- Introduction: tell your reader what leadership is. You can start off with an interesting fact about leadership to draw your reader into your paper and make them want to continue reading it. It will be where you let someone who has no idea what it means what it is so that they can understand the rest of the paper.
- Thesis statement: you will include a statement about your topic that will be supported by three facts that each body paragraph will discuss. This is the main focus of your paper and what you will want to concentrate on proving.
- Body paragraphs: you will need to write three individual paragraphs. Each one of them will talk about a different aspect of leadership. Each one should include evidence and examples to help you prove your point about the topic.
- Conclusion: this will wrap your paper up by restating your thesis statement. It will also hit on your key points one more time. It is your last impression so you need to make sure it is strong.
Additional note to remember:
Transitional phrases: include links between each paragraph. Your thesis statement will work as a transitional phrase between the introduction and the first body paragraph. You want to let your reader know that you are switching topics. You can use words like first, second, and third, but it may be more effective to address direct links between the ideas. For example, you can write something like: Even though it is important to communicate with others when you are a leader, you also have to be able to understand the overall situation. Then you will go into the paragraph discussing a leader’s ability to understand the overall situation.
2017 © Waverlybarton.com. All rights reserved.