A List Of Great Persuasive Essay Topics About Sports For Middle School
For many kids, middle school is when they first start their extracurricular sports activities. This is a great way for kids to socialize and get some much-needed activity into their busy, school-centric lives. Academically, writing about sports, particularly for those students that love sports, is a great way for them to express themselves. Persuasive essays are a great tool in that they help a student to focus on precise details to create and support their argument. It allows them to be creative, as well as giving them the chance to assert their knowledge about a particular subject area. So, for the sports-minded student, here are some essay topics to get them started if they didn’t already have a topic chosen.
- [Athlete A] is much better than [Athlete B]. Here’s why.
- Why basketball is more exciting than baseball.
- [Sports team] would be a much better team if only they had [player].
- [Sports A] takes much more concentration than [Sports B].
- Choose two historic basketball players. Who would win if they played a 1-on-1 game?
- Do you think the NFL is too violent? Why or why not?
- Should the World Cup be held more often than every four years?
- Do you think that college athletes should be paid?
- If an athlete uses steroids, do you think they should be allowed in the Hall of Fame?
- Do you think that 164 games in a season is too many for baseball?
- Do you think that players should have to go to college before becoming a professional athlete?
- Can you compare statistics and records between two athletes from different eras?
- Is LeBron James the best player in basketball history?
- Should teams be allowed to relocate to another area of the United States?
- Should cities be allowed to have more than one professional team per sport? For example, should New York be allowed to have the New York Knicks and the Brooklyn Nets?
- Should female athletes be allowed to play on male sports teams?
- Are the New York Yankees the best baseball team ever?
- Who has the most impressive record in [Sport]?
- Who do you think is the best boxer of all time?
- Is Ronda Rousey inspirational to women?
The above are just some examples of what might be impressive topics for middle school students that wish to write about sports. There are many, many other options out there. All it takes is a little creativity and a good, solid argument.